I have now finally started publishing the NetHome stuff as open source on GitHub. I have started with the Protocol Analyzer tool, and published the source for that. Unfortunately this is the oldest Java code I have written, so it is not the most beautiful...
The biggest blocker was actually the Icons. A long time ago I got tired of spending time finding nice icons for my projects, so I bought a commercial library (http://www.iconexperience.com) which is really good - but... I have tried to contact them on how to handle the icons in open source projects and never got any answer. So in the end I have had to spend the time replacing all icons in the program with public domain icons, which really felt like a big waste of time.
This is now done and I am preparing for releasing version 2.0 of the Protocol Analyzer with some really nice new features.
Posted by NetHomeServer at 00:09